A 7-card relationship spread
I often create a spread for a reading on the spot if that seems to be what is needed, and yesterday I did that in preparation for doing an email reading about a relationship problem. Of course, since it’s an email reading, I had to type it up anyway, so I thought I’d also share this new relationship spread with all of you. It is a (very) modified version of the well-known Past, Present, Future spread where I strung the cards vertically rather than horizontally, I expanded upon the Present and Future positions, and I added a final card for advice.
Here is the basic layout:
Here are the spread position definitions:
1. Issue(s) from the past that are relevant to your relationship
2. What you need to deal with at the present time
3. Where the relationship stands right now
4. What you need to understand about where the other person is coming from
5. Issue(s) looming on the horizon
6. Strengths or resources you can access to deal with those future issues
7. General advice from the Universe
I have to say, this spread served me quite well in the reading I did with it, and I would be interested to hear how your experiences with it go if you choose to use it.
 I explain this technique of expanding upon old standby spreads, and many other techniques too, in my book Tarot: Get the Whole Story.