Skip to content

Seven of Coins / Pentacles — Spiritual Message of the Day

June 28, 2011

Seven of Coins (Tarot of the Masters)A few months ago I posted an article about the Seven of Coins and its spiritual message that we need to reassess how we are living our lives from time to time. A re-examination of our spiritual progress is a similar implication that we may find in this card.

It is normal to have occasional doubts and confusion about something as ineffable as a spiritual journey. Mother Teresa’s struggles with her religious beliefs are a famous example of this, and her doubts prove that this can happen to anyone. Such concerns shouldn’t be suppressed for they will fester deep inside of us, and they shouldn’t engender the self-criticism that we just don’t have enough faith. In fact, an unwillingness to subject our beliefs to scrutiny is what truly shows a lack of faith since it indicates that we fear they will not stand up to the scrutiny. Of course, we have to realize that spirituality is by definition something that cannot be proved or disproved by the scientific methods applicable to the phenomena of the material world. Ultimately, it is within our own hearts that we must look for evidence of the Divine.

Thomas Edison said, “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration,” and spirituality is about the same. Our faith is that 1% part, and perseverance and a steady practice are the other 99% of what makes up our spiritual genius.  Spirituality may also be compared to our love of another person (which is a personal reflection of our love of the Divine). Even when we encounter a dry spell in which we don’t feel the love in a relationship, we remain faithful and keep working on it, knowing that the feeling will come back.

There are a variety of things that can help at such times. One is a support group of like-minded people, or at least of open-minded people. Another is a steady spiritual practice. For example, do you engage in a spiritual activity such as meditation regularly? Inspirational texts can help too, and I have compiled a list of such books in case you’re interested.
.

If you enjoy these words of spiritual advice from the cards, you will love my book, The Soul’s Journey: Finding Spiritual Messages in the Tarot

.

.

.

.

.

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: