Pithy Tarot meanings — Two of Pentacles
A way to become a happier person is to act like it. Even if you think, “Oh, this is so artificial,” do it anyway: Act like you’re happy. For example, when you’re cooking dinner, put on some upbeat music and dance around the kitchen. Whatever you think is an act of a happy person, do it.
We all know that how we feel affects the way we act, but what we don’t know is that this works in the other direction as well, which is a pretty profound realization. In fact, studies have shown that just putting a smile on your face will change your brain activity because it thinks that since you’re smiling, you must be happy! So at the very least, do that: Smile. And if you can do something more (like dancing in the kitchen), do that too. This simple message can change your life, and there’s a great side effect too: it will also make the people around you happier.
PS: This extremely pithy message is one that encapsulates several other pithy (but somewhat longer) meanings for this card. See also:
- “The body heals with play, the mind heals with laughter, and the spirit heals with joy.” — an old proverb
- “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”
- Everyone should do something fun now and then. It’s good for your soul.
- Whenever you get a choice to either sit it out or dance, I hope you always choose to dance.
- Often, it is through play that we express (and find) our joy of life.